martes, 1 de agosto de 2017

The Day We Met

It's August, the eighth month of the year. 
Today marks the 20th anniversary of the first time that the main cast members Real Friends meet for the first time. In order to find a different way of working with the cast, Joey wanted them to know each other well on the first day of filming, with each one of them arriving at a specific time. 
This is what happened that day (Note: The complete conversation will be uploaded on another day, these are just parts of it):
J: Joey 
T: Tom
B: Brian
M: Mandy
JR: John
A: Ali
MM: Marvin
R: Rose
BW: Brad
AL: Ann
(August 1, 1997, 13:58 A.M. Los Angeles, California, USA).
T: So Joey, how exactly is this process gonna work?
J: Well, Tom, I've heard cases in which the actors didn't get to know each other until the first day of filming, in voice acting, the cast usually records their lines separately. And I thought on Monday, after thinking for a long time, that I wanted these people to meet people on the first day of filming in order to see how their behavior will be throughout production, speaking of that if filming is good enough to satisfy A [Alison Roberts], V [Vincent Adams] and B [Bob Smith], there will be a second episode.
T: Interesting
J: I Know
(Brian knocks on the door)
J: That must be Brian, I'll get it.
(Joey opens the door)
J: Ah! Hi Brian, how're you doing to day?
B: I'm alright, thanks, where are the others?
J: They'll be arriving later, you see, I think it's really cool when the cast gets to know each other on the first day of filming, that's why I had other actors record the lines, Tom will edit them with all the voices after filming the episode. He'll be in charge of editing the episodes, and in some occasions, he'll serve as a writer or director. Do you understand what I said? And did you memorize your lines?
B: Yes. Yes. How many did you say were going to be part of the main cast?
J: Eight including you, you'll be the first one to have his name shown in the intro.
B: Oh, that's cool! When's the next star going to arrive and is there going to be a super famous actor in the show as a main character?
J: The next star will arrive at 14:30 and there will be someone well-known 15 minutes after she arrives here.
B: OK
(14:30, Mandy knocks on the door)
T: I'll get it
(Tom opens the door)
T: Hi Mandy
M: Hi Tom. Hi, Joey (Mandy and Joey shake hands with each others), have any of the others arrived yet?
J: Ah, yes. Say hello to Brian. Brian this is Mandy, Mandy this is Brian.
B: I think I've heard your voices before. Hey, didn't you voice that character on...?
M: Yes, I did. I am the voice of the one and only Kelly Mabus on The Super Adventures. By the way, yes, I do still keep in touch with Rosanne, she's a very good person.
J: That is so cool! That's an excellent show!
M: Thanks. Aah, by the way, in case you want to know, my last name is Morrison, and my first and middle names are Amanda and Elizabeth, respectively, Mandy is a nickname given to me by my grandmother on my mom's sides.
B: My last name is Ray, as in X-RAY (both laugh), my middle name is Benjamin, making my initial BBR
M: Mmm, Sounds like VCR, do you have one at home
B: Yeah, and you?
M: I do. I've had it for 2 years now. I moved out of my parents house after graduating from school.
B: I did the same thing
M: I wanna know something, but it's a little personal to you
B: OK, just ask?
M: When and why did you become bald?
B: When, Friday, April 8, 1994. Why? It was a prank that some of my friends pulled on me, at first I was gonna yell at them, but after seeing myself in the mirror, I thought, Wow! I've never thought of this before, this fits me so well! And as you know how they say, the rest is history. Until that day, my hair was light brown:
M: Interesting
....
(14:45 John knocks on the door)
J: That must be him
(Joey opens the door)
J: Hello John!
JR: Oh, Hi Joey! (the two shake hands, he then does this with Tom) So, have the other two arrived?
J: Yes, they're over there, get close to them, but not too close, and get to know them. The next person will arrive in five minutes.
JR: OK.
B: I know you. You're John Raymond!
JR: Yes, the one and only John Raymond
B: I used to watch Billy's Life and I liked it, and you were awesome in The Big Dark Secret! That is my definitive favorite movie from 1995.
JR: That's cool to know
M: Ah, by the way, my name is Mandy, Mandy Morrison.
JR: Yeah, I've heard about you, I saw you on an interview with Oprah three years ago! You were the voice of Kelly on the Super Adventures. That is a cool cartoon. (Stares at Brian) What's your name anyway?
B: Brian Ray
JR: Oh, what a coincidence! Ray is part of my second middle name, Raymond. Have you been listed incorrectly as Brian Raymond?
B: Yeah, once. I think it will be cool to work with you, because you're such a great actors, my brothers admire you, my friends admire you, I don't know anyone who doesn't admire you, you're the best actor in the world!
M: I have to agree with him, you're so great, no wonder you were Time's 1995 Most Influential Person. You have done many good things, I never though that I'd see you in person.
(14:50, Ali knocks on the door)
T: That must be Ali!
(Tom opens the door, Ali comes in)
T: Hi
A: Hi
T: Are you OK?
A: Yeah, just a little nervous, I think I heard from someone that one of the stars of this show is John Raymond.
T: And that person's right. Ali (Ali stares at Brian, Mandy and John) meet three out of your seven co-star,s, Brian Ray, Mandy Morrison and John Raymond.
A: I've heard about all of them, I've seen many of their works. Brian was the prankster on that 1993 movie titled: The Life of Me. Mandy was the voice of Kelly from The Super Adventures, and John is of course, Billy Robinson and Dan Bell, from The Big Dark Secret. It's nice to meet you, I'm Alison Stevens, though you can call me Ali, that's my official nickname. I'm from Houston, Texas, have any of you been there?
B, M & JR: Yeah!
B: I first went there when I was 11, and it was great. 
M: I first went there in 1983, when I was 6, and we were there to see my grandmother's new house
JR: And I first went there in 1979, when I was just 4. I don't remember a lot of it, but I can safely say that it was fun.
A: Cool! I moved in here at the start of the decade, and 1991 was the year of my big break, in fact, I actually appeared in a TV movie in 1994 with Alec Baldwin called, That's Suit! Have any of you watched it?
B, M & JR: Yeah!
JR: I've noticed that you're a little nervous, is everything alright?
A: Yeah, it's just that I'm not sure, if I will play my character well
(.....................)
(15:05, Marvin arrives)
(15:30, Rose arrives)
(15:30, Brad arrives)
(15:45, Ann arrives)
Sometime before the year is over, I promise I'll publish the full conversation. See you another day!

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario