sábado, 1 de julio de 2017

My trip to London

Today is July 1st. On this day in the following years:
-1867, Canada diplomatically becomes an independent country, having previously been under British control
-1873, Prince Edward Island becomes a Canadian province
-1908, SOS is adopted as the international distress signal
-1931, Boeing Air Transport, now United Airlines, begins service
-1960, Somalia becomes an independent state and Ghana becomes a republic
-1962, Rwanda and Burundi obtain their independence from Belgium
-1963, ZIP codes are introduced to US mail
-1966, the first color television transmission occurs from Toronto, Canada
-1972, the first Gay pride march takes place in England
-1976, Portugal grants autonomy to Madeira
-1978, the Northern Territory of Australia is granted self-government
-1979, Sony introduces the walkman
-1980, "O Canada" becomes the official anthem of Canada
-1997, Great Britain returnes Hong Kong to China
-2013, Croatia becomes the 28th member of the European Union
And...................................................................
-1989, I travel outside of North America/The Americas for the very first time.
That is right, todays marks the 28th anniversary of the day I first traveled to Europe, in this case, the location is London, England. As you may know, I am of English descent through my father, whose parents (also my Uncle Todd's parents) were English. They and I are very proud of our ancestry. We love England, it's undoubtedly (for us) the best country of all Europe.
On June 30, 1989, my grandparents revealed to me that because of the fact that I had achieved success through acting; they had decided to save money so that I could travel to London, England's capital. I was shocked when I heard this, and after being silent for a few minutes, I was excited. I could not believe what I'd just heard! My parents and other family members as well as friends and people I know, gave me some advice on travelling to Europe, because they really know how Europeans feel about the US.
Later that day, my dad took me to the airport, many people, some included are: Matt [Smith], Julie [Johnson], Stevie [Lowe], and even AVB!; that's right, even Alison Roberts, Vincent Adams and Bob Smith had gone to the airport just to congratulate me and wish me luck. After saying goodbyes, hugging and kissing, I went to have my luggage cheked, and afterwards I just went to wait. The flight took off at exactly 19:45 PM. I arrived at Heathrow International Airpotrt at 07:15 AM there, in LA, it was 23:15. After getting my luggaged and getting some money, I was recognised by a little kid and his mom, throughout that day I received a ton of greeting and numerous autograph requests, it turned out that Billy's Lifewas really popular there. An hour later, I arrived at my hotel, and after leaving my stuff there, I decided to take a touristic tour, independently, not with a group of people; because I though I'd be safe if I took it alone. I went to a tourism agency and a man named Albert Powell (not related to Baden or Hope Powell for that matter), offered to be my guide, he did it for free, because I turned out to be the place's Lucky Person of the Day, they were not expecting a famous person to come to their agency. He took me to many places in the following order:
-The Buckingham Palace
-The Trafalgar Square
-St. Paul's Cathedral
-The London Bridge
-The Tower of London, where I met the Queen for the first time
-The Tower Bridge
-The Madame Tussauds
-The London Zoo
-The London Dungeon
-The British Museum
-The Natonal Gallery
-The National Portrait Gallery, where a man offered to draw my face for free. Here's a pic of it:
(Picture of the drawing shown)
And many more, the list is just too long, and yes, all of those things happened in just one day. That is right, ONE day!  Unbelievable, right?
At lunchtime, that was 12:30 of that day in England (in the US it was 04:30 AM). I ate fish and chips for the very first time outside of the USA, and it was delicious! Throughout most of the day, I wore sunglasses to avoid receiving attention, but my popularity on Billy's Life was so high, that people everywhere were recognising me, that tells how popular I was then (and now, to some extent).
During the tour, I net a number of famous people, namely:
-The Queen (as mentioned before)
-Helen Mirren
-Sean Connery
-Paul McCartney
-Alfred Molina
-Ringo Starr
-George Harrison
-A young and then unknown Daniel Craig
-David Bowie
AND More, I managed to get autographs of all of those people and they also requested me my own.
That day is possibly the one I signed the most autographs in Europe.
After teatime, it was time to go to the aiport, my flight had to be delayed for 6 hours because of technical problems. When it was fixed, Albert and the people from the agency said goodbye to me, and I said goodbye to them, too. I went to have my stuff checked. I waited for five minutes and entered the plane. At exactly 23:58 PM, the plane took off. I looked at the city and said to myself :-Thanks grandma, thanks grandpa, you just made an important day of my life.
I arrived at 22:30 (USA West Coast in the south time), my family members and the other people who had come to said goodbye the day before, went to greet me and ask me questions. Duringa celebration for travelling to Europe for the first time, I commented on how much travelling to London had changed me and the way I saw the world. My grandmother revealed that I had just said the purpose of the trip, and my grandfather explained it by revealing more and more details. After the party ended, I went to my bedroom and wrote a note of the day I had lived
(Picture shown)
It is one of the best moments I ever experienced in my teenage years.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario